Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: Song Cry...

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Song Cry...

A wise man once said that luck is a mystical energy that dances around the universe randomly bestowing people with satisfaction and joy. We create our own luck. Only two things can get you through this... Patience & Persistance

What happens when all the methods of communication at your disposal just are not enough. What happens when you say"Here is you opportunity to come clean" or betta yet "Here is your chance to get whatever you gotta get off your chest off"... There's a part in Jay's "Song Cry" where he says... "Cry me a river, Build a bridge, and Get Over It." At what point do you let that shyt go and move on with your lives. We ask for honesty and sometimes we need to be careful what we ask for. SOME OF Y'ALL CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH.
Here are the lyrics for you to chew on... After a conversation with my twin this mornin I had to put my HOVA on and share my two favorite verses from Song Cry with y'all.
==========================

[Chorus]
I can't see 'em comin down my eyes
So I gotta make the song cry
I can't see 'em comin down my eyes
So I gotta make the song cry

Good dudes -
I know you love me like cooked food
Even though a nigga got move like a crook move
We was together on the block since free lunch
We shoulda been together havin 4 Seasons brunch
We used to use umbrellas to face the bad weather
So now we travel first class to change the forecas
tNever in bunches, just me and you
I loved your point of view cause you held no punches
Still I left you for months on end
It's been months since I checked back in
Well somewhere in a small town, somewhere lockin a mall down
Woodgrain, four and change, Armor All'd down
I can understand why you want a divorce now
Though I can't let you know it, pride won't let me show it
Pretend to be heroic, that's just one to grow with
But deep inside a nigga so sick

[Chorus]

A face of stone, was shocked on the other end of the phone
Word back home is that you had a special friend
So what was oh so special then?
You have given away without gettin at me
That's your fault, how many times you forgiven me?
How was I to know that you was plain sick of me?
I know the way a nigga livin was whack
But you don't get a nigga back like that!
Shit I'm a man with pride, you don't do shit like that
You don't just pick up and leave and leave me sick like that
You don't throw away what we had, just like that
I was just fuckin them girls, I was gon' get right back
They say you can't turn a bad girl good
But once a good girl's goin bad, she's gone forever..
I'll mourn forever
Shit I gotta live with the fact I did you wrong forever



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!