Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: Rest For The Weary...

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Rest For The Weary...

I want a futon. Went searching the net for one and saw all types of crappy ones. I decided to back track and find out what I should be looking for when I actually start looking for one. After the bed that I currently have started falling apart I realized that you get what you pay for. I bought this bed really cheap and it shows... LOL I'm not looking for a bed to pass on to my children or anything... I'm just looking for one that won't breakdown when I'm going through the act of procreation (which hasn't been happening often enough in my book... LOL).

That being said...

I have to look into how the frame is made. The futon frame is the foundation of the futon. A poorly constructed frame will be difficult to convert from couch to bed and will be more likely to have breakage issues with it. Like I said before... I'm a big gurl and my man is a big guy too... We can't be sitting/lying on the bed afraid to move for fear that the bed is gonna fall apart. Primary assets are strength, ease of use, and durability. Just like a man... but I digress... LOL There are many different arm styles and finishes to choose from.

The next feature to look into is the padding. The futon mattress is the cushion that is used for both sitting and sleeping. A good futon will be comfortable for both and will give years of sitting and sleeping pleasure. I am amazed at how many varieties there are of futon mattresses. Some even have coils inside them. I didn't think that you could put springs in a futon mattress due to having to fold and unfold the unit. Manufacturers use hi-tech pressurized foam futon mattresses.

Lastly, the cover. It's all about the accessories baby! The cover is the most noticeable part of the futon. It coordinates with the surrounding environments as well as protecting the futon mattress from dirt, spills, etc. Because it is removable, different covers can be used for different seasons, moods, etc. Don't forget coordinating or contrasting pillows to provide the finished look!

I'm sure you are saying that I have waaaaaaay too much time on my hands... LOL. You are probably right.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!