Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: He Answers Prayers

Sunday, January 09, 2005

He Answers Prayers

Just two days ago I was on the phone with two of my best girlfriends. We were talking about the show called Starting Over. The basic premise of the show is to have women accomplish a major goal in their lives... The catch is you have to pack your bags and move to Cali for 8 - 12 weeks. That means temporarily leave your familiy and friends, taking a leave of absence from your job, and be totally focused on what ever goal (or goals that you set for yourself). That's a really simplistic view of the whole process but you get the point.

I was thinking of what I would want to work on in my life and the first thing that jumped out at me when I looked at the
questions on the Starting Over website was this one:

Lost track of someone important? Looking for a long lost love? An estranged parent or sibling?

Instantly I thought about my Sorority sister (who is so much more than that to me)! I hadn't spoken to her in at least 18 months. We were so close and then I let life circumstances just get in the way. So last night, I'm online watching music videos and Law & Order reruns on AOL and my MSN Messenger box pops up saying that someone wants to add me to their IM list. As soon as I see her name I pause, feeling a little nervous I guess, accept her request and add her to my list as well.

Naturally we started talking and couldn't stop... It was well after 3am when we hung up the phone. You know what I noticed... Even though we had not communicated for all those months we just fell right back into the groove of our established (and tested) friendship.

God works when we need it even if we are too proud to say it.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!