Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: Trojan Army...

Friday, January 07, 2005

Trojan Army...

No, it's not what you think...

Well if you're a techie then maybe it is. I was surfing last night into the wee hours of the morning I was trying to stay up to catch the latest woot item. While I was picking and poking around the net I had a shareware program working in the backgroud downloading a software program that I have been wanting for a minute.

Five hours later the program completed and was ready to install. I was so excited about it that I couldn't go to sleep before I had installed it. So around 2:00 am I took my tired but satisfied behind to sleep. Got up this morning around 7:15 am (way later than my normal 6:30 wake up time). I guess I should have taken it as a bad omen.

As I stumble over to my desk and turn on my monitor (I let my media player run during the night to listen to Me'Shell NdegeOcello's Bitter) I realize that my optical mouse isn't responding. I was so confused over this fact that I neglected to see that my virus scan was trying to tell me something. It had found 5 (F.I.V.E.!) trojans on my pc! It also stated that it had gotton rid of four of them. And gave me instructions on how to take care of the last one. But remember my original dilemma, I couldn't use my mouse. Instantly my stomach began to ache.

So here I am sitting there trying to master using my ALT key to navigate around my desktop (an act that I had just clowned a friend of mine for doing just the day before). So you know I had to call him and enlist his help... Unfortunately for me I didn't have enough time to figure out what is exactly wrong with the dang thing because I still had to get ready for work.

Upon opening my email (at work) I found this email and decided that it would be my Woooo Saaaa moment for the day. It's by one of my favorite inspirational speakers Ralph Marston.

About to get better

When things seem to be getting worse, there's a good chance that they're actually about to get better. The night is often at its darkest just before dawn begins to light the sky.

When difficulties that have been looming break free and begin to run their course, the moment they will end suddenly begins to grow closer. When problems come out in the open where everyone can see them, that is when they are most likely to be solved.

When the challenges grow bigger, so do the opportunities for positive progress. When everything is going wrong, that's when you become the most highly motivated to make things right. When the world looks bleak, do not despair. Instead, take the highly charged energy of the moment and turn it in a positive direction.

When the situation is at its worst, that's an excellent opportunity for you to be your best. That's when you can make the biggest positive difference. The opportunities to move forward are always there, especially when they don't seem to be. When times are tough, that's when positive, focused action truly pays.

-- Ralph Marston

Pray that my postive direction doesn't lead to my computer flying outside the window!



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!