Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: New Things For A New Year...

Saturday, January 01, 2005

New Things For A New Year...

A Day Of New Beginnings

Okay, I get it... 2005 has arrived. Happy New Year. I've been checking out tons of blogs on the net and most of them are reflecting on the year known as 2004. It got me to thinking... I can do that. I always have something to say about something... I usually send out this mass email to my friends and I'm sure some of them would think to themselves... This girl is crazy! I'm not crazy... I just have wide and varied opinions on things that people normally over look. I am a cynic at heart... seriously. I look for Murphy's Law's in all areas of life... Not saying that everything goes wrong but I can usually find an applicable law...

So what will 2005 bring.. Hayell I don't know! Ms. Cleo tried to predict the future and you know where she ended up! LOL. I have plenty of tasks that I want to check off of my list as completed but there are four major ones that I am set to accomplish. Buy A House, Pay Off My Student Loans, Find A Different Job, and Find Some Interesting Things To Do Around Philly.

Three Things About the Bloggin Newbie

Currents:

  1. Movie: Bourne Supremacy
  2. Book: Redemtion Song by Bertice Berry
  3. CD: Bitter by Me'Shell NdegeOcello

Favorite IM Aliases/Personalities

  1. Nu_AKA on Yahoo
  2. Audacity08 on BlackPlanet
  3. NubianFem on BlackVoices

Favorite Sites

  1. When I need to find out about something I use either Google, AOL, or Yahoo. Recently I have become an avid user of a site called About. They have this great site with newsletters, consumer reports, and weekly listservs for any subject that interest you.
  2. I cannot log on to the net without going to some retail site. Sites that I viewed this week are Lane Bryant (they have the cutest Side-Tie Kimono top), Best Buy (I am planning to get a set of speakers and a subwoofer for my PC these Altec ones look good but I'm still looking), Nick Jr (my niece loves this site), The Avenue (I love their City Stretch line), Staples (software and speakers), Dr. Tech (my CD-ROM is trippin' right now), Direct TV (am I the only person on this planet that can't live without TIVO?.
  3. Another guilty pleasure of mine is YahooGroups. It seems that every person I know is in at least one group. Be careful though... these groups are like pringles... You can't have just one. They range in subject, depth of conversation, and quality of subject matter. A few of my favorites are Sassy, Lil Blaque Book, Louisiana, PPP, and Shades. There are many others but you'll just have to check them out for yourself.
Tonight I am going to hang out with my gurls... We are finally going to exchange Christmas gifts.... Have a few Jello Shots and watch movies... Don't know what I would do for my gurls Cutese, Sugar, Lydi, and Elle. They keep me grounded when I often want to seclude myself I love you gurls!

Well I'm off to bake a loaf of bread with my niece and get ready for tonite... Catch ya later!




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!