Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: Calling Out

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Calling Out

I just got my DSL hook up today yall... You know that I am living on a cloud now! I was sitting at my desk this morning at the eleventh hour trying to come up with an excuse to not go to work... Man if I didn't feel so guilty I would have been a surfin' fool today... LOL

When this little email arrived in my mailbox today I just had to laugh. I knew it was meant just for me as I tried to come up with a believable fib to tell upper management. So I figured on a damp, dark and cold Philly winter evening you may want to chuckle too.

Ten Common Full-Time Employee Illnesses For 2005

  1. The Macy's One Day Sale Flu.
  2. The Drivers License Renewal Appointment 24-Hour Virus.
  3. The Friday-Afternoon-Start-The-Weekend-Early Sudden Unbearable Stomach Pains.
  4. The I'm Looking for a New Job and I Don't Know How Long It's Going to Take, but I Want To Stay On The Payroll Until Then Mysterious Infection.
  5. The My Boyfriend's Got the Week Off So Suddenly I'm Too Contagious To Come In To The Office Disease.
  6. The I Need a Hair Cut and My Stylist Doesn't Make Evening Appointments Bout of Influenza.
  7. The There's No Federal Holidays for Two Months and I Want a Day Off Sickness.
  8. The It's Spring Break and I Want To Pretend I'm a Teenager Again General Ailment.
  9. The I've Messed Up Royally and I Won't Come In To Face the Music Terminal Illness.
  10. The I Really Am Sick and I've Got The Doctor's Bills and the Completed Medical Expense Reimbursement Forms to Prove It Infirmity.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!