Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: On A Wing And A Prayer

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

On A Wing And A Prayer

I'm stubborn... I can admit that. Most of the time. A little prideful... okay maybe a lot prideful. But I need some help yall!

Sunday evening I had a terrible fall... It was something that could have easily been scripted for Jack Tripper. When it was all said and done I ended up with trip to the ER, a snip of my flesh, and a tetnus shot.

No big deal in the grand scheme of things... Eventhough I bitched and moaned about it all damn day yesterday. I was high on pain meds and didn't really hurt as bad as I thought I could have been considering I felt like someone had lit a match to my skin when I fell.

I took a sick day yesterday. My back was aching and it took me forever to get off the bed. So I spent the day in the bed and on the net when my back would allow it. Today I just knew that I would be able to get up, get dressed and make it to my place of employment.

NOT HARDLY!

It must have taken me 15 minutes to get up, walk down the hall, and then get my achey body into the shower. When that how water hit my injuries from Sunday it was like someone had lit the match all over again. It was a mess! But I pressed on and got out of there. Next came the act of getting dressed... This clearly should have been written for a sitcom (I still think Jack Tripper would have done a fabulous job at it).

Trying to wrestle my clothes on needed to be a 2-3 person collaboration. Needless to say... I am still not dressed because my back won't allow me to do the simple task of bending over and putting on my socks and shoes...

Where is your Honey-Do when you need him :-(



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!