Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: Giving It Up...

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Giving It Up...

I am a Christian. However, I am not Catholic. So please forgive me if I don't get the terminolgy dead on. For some reason over the course of the last couple of days I've been giving much thought to Lent and the practices that go along with it. Particularly the one which some people give up "something" in their lives for a certain period of time as a sybolic way to strenthen their spirit/walk with God.

For the first time in 26 years I believe, The current Pope (who was hospitalized on Feb 1) did not give the "sermon" that goes with kickin' off this Easter holiday season (for lack of a PC term). That was a bit disturbing for me and I'm not really sure why. I have a problem with the Pope (as in the job itself) having to hold on to the last minute of life is running out of his body before they name another "seasoned" soul the next Pope. It will be interesting to see what the next few weeks will bring as far as News bulletins from the Vatican and the rest of the media.

But I digress...

I've decided to give up my favorite liquid tonic for the next 40 days... Those that know me know that I love Diet Dr. Pepper. I was majorly addicted to Dr. Pepper while I was in college but along the way I developed Type II Diabetes and couldn't drink it like I use to... *didn't stop me when I really need a fix though. It was only after my diagnosis that I even knew that there was such a thing as Diet DP. Over the years I have grown to love it! buy it by the 12 pack and keep it in the fridge...

I would say that I drink around 4 a day...

Yea...

It's like that for me...

No other diet drink for me... Just give me the DDP!

So now you see why giving it up is really a sacrifice for me. We will see how it goes. Especially since they have just introduced the Cherry Vanilla DP......... Yummy! I haven't tasted it yet but I know it has got to be slammin'.

The real question you should be askin is... What will I replace it with? Not really sure just yet... But I think it will be a combonation of iced/hot tea and water.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!