Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: The Aftermath

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The Aftermath


BigSnow
Originally uploaded by Audacity08.
We are currently living the hangover that was the First Big Snow of 2005. As I was walking home from work in the balmy 36 degree temperature I realized that aside from the actual snowfall... This shyt sucks! It's a mess to get around in whether you are on foot or in a semi.

First it covers all of the areas on the ground that are unstable (you know the parts of the sidewalk that you avoid because the ground is all cracked up or uneven)

Secondly, you have to risk frostbite shoveling out your driveway, front steps, sidewalk.. or worst yet your car. That little car in the upper right of the pic is still buried in snow.

And then just when you think that you cannot take one more blustery day the sun comes out. Yes! Maybe just maybe the temp will actually reach the double digits.

Now this is where my problem of the day comes in. This morning I walked to work and I was slippin' and slidin' all over the damn place. That was nothing compared to my walk home.

Where there was once firmly packed areas of snow on the ground was now replaced with these saturated shadows of their former selves. It looks like the same mound of snow but wait... Where you once had to worry about slipping and crushing your behind you now had to figure out if the inside of your shoes were weatherproof since they were now full of sub-zero temped water!

Can ya tell I had a fantastic walk home?

All in all I love the cold weather... Just keep the percipitation floating in the air like I captured it in this photo!



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!