Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: A Message To My Sistahs....

Thursday, January 13, 2005

A Message To My Sistahs....

Love is a powerful thing...

Just got off the phone with one of my Sorority Sisters and she is having some serious relationship issues. She loves the man that she is dating. But he doesn't respect her thoughts, her time, or her body for that matter. He doesn't call when he says he will, he never takes her out unless he was already planning to go out already, AND she has never met one member of his family. They have been dating for six months.

There are good brothers out there. Not all of them are thuggish or punks. BUT, you DO have to groom them, regardless. I'm the LAST person with any patience to make sure that a man knows all of the little things that denote a good dating relationship, but sometimes you have to remind a brother that - in order to be with you - he'll have to handle things a certain way. I told her that she teaches him how to treat her. If you just accept the crap that he gives that's all you will get from him.

We (READ: Women) gripe and groan to one another about whats bugging us with our significant others. I often wonder how much of it is said to the one that matters. If we just suppress all that is botherring us and not share it with my significant other are we being true to ourselves and our relationships?

I have never been one to ask a man out on a date. (It really is a moot point since I'm off the market now but you get the point) My philosophy has been "If you are waiting for me to ask you out you will never see me". Once a man understands this, he can either accept it, or move on. No sense in wasting hours on the phone with someone who isn't capable of being the strong person you want him to be. But if all other indications are that he's a suitable companion, this may just be the one area where he needs a little CLARITY. LOL

My honey-do is a laid back, loving Taurus man and very often he shocks me into silence with some of the things he says (or doesn't say). However, he's also an extremely caring and responsible soul who would move heaven and earth for me. So, if I have problem, I address it IMMEDIATELY ... Regarding a date, a mean statement, a misunderstanding or whatever.

If a man cares about you, he'll listen and try to figure out some compromise to soothe the rough spot. After all, you're worth it!



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!