Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: Show Me The Money!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Show Me The Money!

If you haven't heard by now there are loads and loads of property worth millions of dollars out there that is just sitting in each state's (and even good ole' DC) treasury departments. There was a segment on Good Morning America today that had the wheels in my brain turning.

All you have to do is put your first and last name in and if they get a match it will pop up on the screen. Check out this site here. Select which state you want to look up and then click on the link.

When I clicked on Pennsylvania it said that the link couldn't be connected. I decided to check the main page for the state of Pennsylvania to see if I could find the treasury (which is where most unclaimed property is held in each state) I found the treasure page here. This is only for the Man I started pluggin in the names of my family members to see what treasures might be waiting for my family to pick up...

I went online to discover that there are also loads of places online where you can check to find unclaimed property. Some are free others you have to pay for. But start with this one. You never know what you might turn up...

Here's a tip... When you put in information for people... try all of the states that they have ever lived in because state treasury departments do not share information.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!