Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: From The Mouth's Of BABE's

Sunday, February 20, 2005

From The Mouth's Of BABE's

I am so fed up... not with babies though...

Why is it you cannot get people to be up front and honest with you? We all got our day to day activities and commitments that prevent us from tending to every single thing in our lives with detail that we desire. But if you are seeing someone... or attempting to see them on some level there are a few things that are big don'ts (at least in my book and the book of most if not all of my female friends)

My only job is to be as happy as I can be about my life, and feel as good as I can about myself, and to lead as full and eventful a life as I can, so that it doesn't ever feel like I'm waiting for a guy to come around and finally treat me the way I deserve.


  1. Deal with me as I am... Not as you would like me to be. If that goes for me betta believe it goes for you too... Present your whole self when you are approaching someone...especially me. Don't show me what you think I want to see... Give me some credit. I'm not that shallow!
  2. I have major issues with the telephone. I talk to those in my circle daily. Why is it that in the beginning a man can call and call and call you (two three four times a day even) and then one day you realize that you are doing the majority of the calling. All of a sudden I'm getting the voicemail more often and the calling patterns have changed.... Hmmmm. Kind of suspect to me! In this day and age of modern technology there is no reason why you shouldn't be calling your significant other at least twice a day.... If you can find him... Then He can find you! You mean to tell me that your life is so full and you are so busy that you cannot take a second to tell the person you care for good morning or anything? And what about at night... After work is all said and done and you are home... maybe even ready to goto bed... You can't call your sweetie to recap the day and say I love ya? Hmmmmm. Like I said before that is suspect behavior... Are they really on your mind? Like Madea said... Major deduction! I love to take a break from my generally mundane day to talk to someone I like. It makes me happy. (I know corny right... LOL) If I am diggin' you you would be the bright spot in my horribly busy day. Which would be a day that I am never too busy to call you. Barring disaster... someone had to be rushed to the hospital, got fired, got his car keyed or something like that.. There really aren't many excuses in my book that justify someone forgetting to call. I want the man that will forget about everything else (within reason) brfore he forgets about me. Selfish maybe... But that's what I want.
  3. Excuses. Shit happens... Things get out of our control on an almost daily basis. I understand this and live it in my line of work. There has to be a point where you take a look at all of the excuses that you have been given and decide whether they are genuine or if they just not-so-polite rejections
  4. If a man likes you he's gonna ask you out... I don't have too many old fashioned tendancies. I do believe that there should be some proper courting happening when you are dating. I don't think that I have ever asked a man out before he has asked me. Now before you get you panties all up in a bunch... I am not saying that I have never asked out a man but trust me it was only after we had been going out (at least once) that I may have suggested that we do something.

Bottom Line....

People Tell You Who They Are All The Time... Sometimes with their word... More often with their actions.... Learn to read the signs and follow your instincts.



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!