Diary Of A Peculiar Soul: Defining The Obvious...

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Defining The Obvious...

This question is inspired by a recent episode of Sex And The City (Love That Show!) that I watched and the countless number of Girl Talk sessions that I have during the course of a week.

The Eskimo have 100 words for the word snow and we probably have three times as many for relationships... In a world where you can:


Have a date (and be dating) without ever having sex

  • I remember dating this guy. Had many of the outward characteristics that I find attractive. He was God fearing, tall, dark, employed, took care of himself, no baby momma drama and he had a beautiful smile. We had these great conversations over the phone and he would send me the greatest emails. But I had no desire to take it any furthur than that. (That decision probably came from the fact that I realized that he was socially retarded.) Finally I decided that we shouldn't see each other anymore exclusively. Sadly that friendship dissolved not long after that.

Screw (sorry if this is crass) without ever going on a date

  • I have a girlfriend who is dating a guy and has never been on a date with him. And yet she considers him her man. I couldn't imagine claiming someone I never see or talk to outside of the bedroom. Well I guess she does talk to him if you count the phone call that actually sets up the booty call.

Maintain a friendship with former partners

  • One of my ex-boyfriends lives in West Virginia. He and I are friends now... there were a few years in between us breaking up and being able to rebuild a friendship with me. One of the things that ruined our relationship was dishonesty. I cannot tolerate liars... Now I'm not talking about the "Oh that outfit looks good on you" type of lie. I'm talk about the "Oh, I love you and would never cheat on you" type. But like I said we have move past that talk every once in a while.

I guess my question is:

What Really Defines A Relationship?

Is it the feeling you have when you think of that person. Do you have to see that person the a set number of times in order to consider it a relationship? Or is it something else all together for you.

Email Me Your Response or If you are a Blogger Click on Comments




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Stop skippin your remedial class. It’s the finals you gonna need it to pass. Keep my name out ‘cha mouth and your mind on ya task. If you feel that I’m talking about you in these bars, Pick up ya feelins’ grab ya kicks and walk that shyt off… ~ Mos Def

Have You Checked Out The Latest Woot Item?


Check Me Out On Yahoo Yahoo! 360 !!!